Mirador de los Cóndores Tour – Chonta
Mirador de los Cóndores Tour, is the natural sanctuary of the Andean condor, in this tour you will see a number of condors that inhabit this place, in the Inca era, the condor was considered a SACRED AVE.
The Flight of the Condor in the Apurimac Canyon, is a new tourist route in the city of Cusco recommended for nature lovers and birdwatchers, is currently a new alternative of tours that the city of Cusco has, for visitors who They want to see something different from the different tourist offers that the local market presents, during the trip to the Cañón del Cóndor we can appreciate beautiful natural and cultural attractions such as the Archaeological Zone of Killarumiyoc, Tarawasi archaeological zone and different natural attractions such as mountains, streams, rivers and snowy. (Apu pucara), snow-capped Humantay and Salkantay, we will finally witness the majestic flight of the Andean condor in its natural habitat.
The Condor Canyon, is the natural sanctuary of the Andean condor, called the sacred bird of the Incas, this place offers visitors the majestic flight of the Andean condor in its natural habitat and the impressive Apurímac canyon with more than 1,500 meters of depth, here is the home of the condors where they sleep and nest.
DAY 1: MIRADOR DE LOS CONDORES TOUR – CHONTA
- 7:00 hrs. We started the tour picking it up from your hotel in Cusco. Transportation in tourist vehicle
- 9:30 hrs. visit of the archaeological site of KILLARUMIYOC.
- 11:00 hrs. Arrival to the town of Limatambo and visit to TARAYHUASI (optional).
- 12:00 hrs. Lunch at LIMATAMBO.
- Travel in tourist transport to the community of CHONTA.
- 14:00 hrs. Start of the trek to the Mirador de Cóndor from the Chonta community.
- This trip lasts 1:30 hrs. Approx. over a distance of 4 KM approx.
- 30 ‘time to enjoy the majestic flight of the condor.
- Return walk to the Chonta community.
- Transfer to the city of Cusco.
- 20:30 hrs end of the tour.
Included / Not included
- Tour chonta.
- Lunch in Limatambo.
- Guide to the Mirador del Cóndor.
- Tourist transport Cusco – Chonta.
- Personalized attention.
DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Income to Killarumiyoc (S / .10.00).
- Entrance to Cañón del Cóndor (S / .10.00).
- International flights.
- Feeding not mentioned in the program.
- Personal expenses.
- Warm clothes and comfortable clothes.
- Shorts and long.
- Poncho for the rain
- Bottle of mineral water, hat, sun glasses, sunscreen, mosquito repellent.
- Camcorder or camera.
- Extra batteries.