Cusco City Tours
The CITY TOURS will show you all the history of the city of Cusco from the attractions located within the city of Cusco such as the Cathedral and the Temple of the Sun (Qoricancha) and the places around Cusco such as Sacsayhuaman, Qenqo, Pucapucara and Tambomachay. The City Tours in Cusco, takes them to know the stories of their ancestors in each street, museums and archaeological complexes. This tour includes: Cathedral and the Temple of the Sun (Qoricancha) and places around Cusco such as Sasayhuaman, Qenqo, Pucapucara and Tambomachay.
DAY 1: CITY TOURS IN CUSCO
- The tour starts picking you up at your hotel between 12:50 hrs. and 13:10 hrs.
- First, we will visit LA CATEDRAL: This impressive Colonial Church dates back to the year 1960 and is located in the main square of Cusco. It was declared a World Heritage Site in 1972.
- The second place is the Temple of QORICANCHA or Temple of the Sun, it was the most venerated and respected.
- These two places are the most representative within the city of Cusco, once visited we will go a few minutes outside the city of Cusco towards the fortress of SACSAYHUAMAN.
- Sacsayhuaman, is one of the Inca constructions that most astonishes tourists who, according to the hypothesis, point out that it would have been a very important ceremonial center and not a fortress.
- Then we go to QENQO: or K`enko, which means “labyrinth”, perhaps through the labyrinthine underground galleries or through the small canals carved into the rocks in a zigzag pattern.
- Subsequent to PUCAPUCARA: The name PucaPucara comes from the Quechua voices puca, ‘red’, and pucara, ‘fortress or defended place’, meaning ‘red fortress’; the rocks with which it has been built turn reddish with the twilight.
- Finally TAMBOMACHAY: This archaeological center in the time of the Incas was dedicated to the worship of water and so that the head of the Inca Empire could rest. It consists of a series of aqueducts, canals and several waterfalls that run along the rocks. The surprising thing about this is that, from a main waterfall, the Incas created two secondary waterfalls, which are exactly the same. That is, if one places two empty bottles, one in each waterfall, the two are filled at the same time.
- We will finish our tour at 6:00 p.m.
- We will leave you in the center of the city of Cusco so that you can dine at one of the downtown restaurants or stroll through the Plaza de Armas of Cusco.
Included / Not included
- Tourist transport bus.
- Professional bilingual guide.
DOES NOT INCLUDE
- General Tourist Ticket S /. 130.00 (Foreigners)
- General Tourist Ticket S /. 70.00 (Peruvians)
- Partial tourist ticket S /. 70.00 (Foreigners)
- Partial tourist ticket S /. 40.00 (Peruvians)
- Entrance to the Cathedral S / .25.00
- Entrance to Koricancha S / .15.00
- International flights
- Feeding not mentioned in the program
- Personal expenses